Friday, November 13, 2009

Lydie gets a Gun



Lydie gets a Gun - The Berlin Gun Story

As I already mentioned, I NEVER threatened to kill Lydie and NEVER pulled a gun on her. The truth is: While shooting A Bouquet for a Kill in Berlin we used several prop knives, real knives and a revolver. One prop knife we did rent at a prop store in Berlin for several days. Lydie and I did pick it up together. I also own prop guns we use for shooting our videos. NO REAL FIREARMS . Anyway you can shoot blankets and if fired close to an actor cannot kill but burn or hurt him. Lydie and I did meet at a cafe at Paul-Lincke-Ufer and I showed a revolver to her, one I thought would be good for the scene when Michael Worth`s character shoots the PI at his office. I showed Lydie the revolver in the cafe and she loved it and wanted to keep it during shooting A Bouquet for a Kill. I explained to her that we have very strict laws in Germany and you even need a permit for a prop gun (which I do have indeed). Lydie told me she did 1000 action tv shows ad knows how to handle guns but I insisted that I will bring the revolver to the set and refused to give it to her.
Later I also wrote her an email asking her to handle the revolver carefully and especially do not use the revolver near someone´s eyes or face and also to protect the ears. That´s my job as a producer. Lydie went mad and wrote me again that she knows how to do action movies and I have not to tell her how to handle guns.I enclose two of the emails. Also nice to show you how it feels for a producer to shoot with director Lydie Denier. We later used the revolver in the Tempelhof Studios where we shot the PI scenes with Michael Worth. I was present while shooting the scenes.

Sincerely Yours,
Michael Huck

photo: Jean Bork and Lydie Denier copyright 2007 by Jörg Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment