Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Fight over A Bouquet for a Kill Part 3






A Bouquet for Kill
The Fight over A Bouquet for a Kill, Part 3

In February 2007 we started shooting the English version of "Du sollst nicht Ehebrechen!" entitled The Other Women, later re-titled A Bouquet for a Kill .
I had changed the ending. Lydie who did star and direct had changed the ending
again and I liked Lydie´s new ending.
Lydie had also changed the beginning. In the first versions Mrs Tanner and
Sybille / Sarah first talk for a long time, then Mrs. Tanner takes Sarah prisoner.
In the new English version, Mrs. Tanner overpowers Sarah right at the beginning and
ties her up. I also liked this change as it made the story more suspenseful.

The rest of the story was by and large the same, but I realized while shooting Lydie did start telling around she had totally re-written my script and the new script has nothing to do with my original Unhappy End! story and she tried to convince herself it´s true. When she finally realized this is not working as I can prove I did the same story two times before in Germany (and a copy is at Register of Copyrights) she tried to make me sign over the copyright to her and when I refused she finally started telling the stalker story.

Even if you have not watched yet all 3 versions of the story, only have a look at the photos and you will realize the story is very much the same. I have no idea what Lydie is trying to achieve. It´s if someone takes Romeo and Juliette and changes the ending and makes them marry and re-arrange the poison scene and starts with that scene and then claims now it´s not anymore William Shakespeare´s.

photos above: stills from shooting A Bouquet for a Kill and some photos of Lydie Denier taken for PR to promote A Bouquet for a Kill.

All photos are Copyright 2007 by Jörg Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment