Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Fight over A Bouquet for a Kill Part 2






Unhappy End! Episode 19: Die Hexe
The Fight over A Bouquet for a Kill Part 2

In 2002 I had met with Lydie Denier in Hollywood and showed her an expose of our old German Unhappy End! episode 2, Du sollst nicht Ehebrechen. Lydie liked it and I promised her to come back with an English script. I entitled the script The Other Woman and Lydie also liked the script and we signed a Letter of Intent that we are going to shoot a movie together based on my and Jean Bork´s script. Lydie would star and direct and I produce. We met several times in Los Angeles and Paris to discuss script and cast. In the English version the wife was still named Stephanie Tanner (only the h was missing because in English Th(anner) would have been pronounced Sanner) but I changed the young woman´s name from Sybille to Sarah Lamarr. Sarah because I loved the Buffy-the Vampire Slayer tv show starring Sarah-Michelle Gellar and Lamarr because Lydie loves Hedy Lamarr so much.

In the meantime when I was back in Germany I re-shot a German version of the story this time entitled "Die Hexe" (The Witch) . We used almost the same script. I did this for seeing how to set up lights and camera best and I also used two cameras, my SVHS Panasonic MS 4 and a new digital camcorder from JVC as I intented to start shooting digital. We also shot "Die Hexe" in the same apartment we also rented later to shoot the English version with Lydie. As I knew by then already that Lydie will star in the English version, I placed a copy of a magazine with Lydie on the cover on a table in the apartment. If you watch "Die Hxe" you´ll might notice.
Katja Bienert and Mona Glass did star in "Die Hexe".

Above you´ll see some of the photos of "Die Hexe".
All photos copyright by Michael Huck

No comments:

Post a Comment